The NATE Bookshop is a source of support for all teachers of English, with a mix of practical classroom resources as well as a variety of titles addressing theory and practice.
If you're a NATE member, log in to benefit from discounted prices; if you have not already joined NATE, you can add a membership to your basket and start saving straight away!
Rooted in Reading products. Please email your contact details to email@example.com to request your free sample pack of Primary or Secondary passports
The Primary Grammar Book
by Richard Bain & Marion Bridgewood
|Author||Richard Bain & Marion Bridgewood|
|Format||Ringbinder (photocopiable resource)|
|Year of publication||1998|
Grammar is a fascinating web of patterns which children can explore in their own reading, writing and speech. This book helps children to understand the functions of grammar and to understand better the texts they come across in everyday life. The Primary Grammar Book provides you with photocopiable materials including:
- structured literary activities for pupils across Key Stages 1 and 2 and Primary 1-7
- learning activities which bring the study of grammar to life
- activities for word, sentence and text level work
- helpful grammar reminders
- links with reading, writing and language activities which are already used in your classroom
- a guide to planning for progression
- help with planning differentiated activities
- ideas for creating a stimulating literacy environment
The Primary Grammar Book has three main sections containing a series of topics, eg. nouns, verbs, adjectives. Each topic includes a reminder of the grammar issue, teaching objectives and an outline of suggested activities. Wherever appropriate, activities are supported by pupil worksheets.