The NATE Bookshop is a fantastic source of support for all teachers of English. The mix of NATE's own titles and carefully chosen books from other publishers creates a unique range, incorporating very practical classroom resources as well as a variety of titles addressing theory and practice.
Feel free to browse and buy and, if you have not already joined NATE, don't forget to add a membership to your basket!
NATE has recently formed a publishing partnership with Routledge Publishers, and an exciting new list is now in production. The first titles to be published, now available in the Bookshop, are a brand new edition of a popular CD by Trevor Millum and Chris Warren, now entitled Unlocking Poetry - An Inspirational Resource for Teaching GCSE Literature and a valuable addition to any A Level teacher's repertoire: Teaching English Language 16-19: A comprehensive guide for teachers of AS/A2 level English Language (Teaching English Literature 16-19 will be published in June 2013). You can find information about this and all forthcoming titles on the Routledge site. You can order all NATE Routledge titles from the NATE Bookshop, with a 10% minimum discount for NATE members.
Developing children's writing boosts their confidence, creates enjoyment and relevance in the task and cultivates a range of decision-making and problem-solving skills that can then be applied across the curriculum. The Countdown series provides all the support you need in helping children to improve their prose, poetry and non-fiction writing.
The Countdown books form a comprehensive and flexible resource which you can use in different ways. They include:
- Stand-alone modules which cover all aspects of writing and understanding non-fiction texts.
- A countdown flowchart provides an overview, showing how modules are linked and allowing teachers and pupils to track their progress.
- Photocopiable activity sheets for each module that show how to make decisions and solve problems which writers face on the journey to a finished piece of work.
- Teachers' notes for each module with tips and guidance, including how modules can be used in the classroom, links to other modules and curriculum links, and advice on helping and guiding pupils in their writing.
- A self-study component so pupils can make their own progress through the material. This option gives young writers a sense of independence in thinking about their work and through offering a scaffolding of tasks, encourages confident and effective writing.
- 'Headers' for each module showing where along the 'countdown path' you are at that point.
- Contents page for quick access to particular modules and relevant aspects of writing.
Countdown to Poetry Writing
by Steve Bowker
|Year of publication||2009|
Usual price £21.99