NATE’s (first) National Teacher Writing Competition, in partnership with Arvon
Calling all English teachers who would like the opportunity to have their personal writing published and receive some fantastic prizes.
We are very excited to launch NATE’s first writing competition – exclusively for English teachers, in partnership with our colleagues at Arvon.
Deadline: 30th September, 2022
NATE and Arvon have always celebrated the work of English teachers and provided platforms for the outstanding work they do with young people. We also recognise the importance of encouraging English teachers to develop their own skills as readers and writers, and of providing enrichment opportunities so that they can showcase their own talents.
If you would like to share your personal (unpublished) writing with NATE then here’s your chance to:
• Be the first winner of NATE’s new national teacher writing competition – exclusively for teachers of English
who have not yet had their work published
• Get your work published in NATE’s prestigious publications
• Win one of the following fabulous prizes:
1st prize: An Arvon residential retreat of your choice
2nd prize: Free NATE individual membership
3rd prize: £50 book voucher
4th prize: £25 book voucher
5th prize: £10 book voucher
- Award winning poet, playwright and NATE Patron, Lemn Sissay OBE
- Academic, Author and NATE Patron, Professor Debra Myhill
- Author, Teacher and Academic, Ashley Hickson-Lovence
- Vice-Chair of NATE & Advisor at Cumbria LA, Rachel Laverack
- Artistic Director at Arvon and former editor, Mary Morris
• Produce a piece of unpublished original writing (no more than 1000 words) in a genre or form of your choice – e.g., fiction, non-fiction, poetry, dramatic script, etc.
• This competition is open for all English teachers (including trainees, teacher educators and retired teachers)
• Deadline: 30th September, 2022
• Winners will be announced in October 2022 and will be published in NATE’s publications, Teaching English, Primary Matters, English in Education & NATE News.
• Please submit your entry by 30th September. 2022 to email@example.com