Boost your Key Stage 3 Curriculum with the Creative Persuasion SoW from NATE and the Ideas Foundation
Free to all English Teachers – a KS3 package that brings stimulating visual texts to your classroom with English curriculum guidance and further resources. This is a sample of classroom resources NATE offers in its members-only area.
Join the mailing list
To receive our monthly newsletter and keep up-to-date with the latest news and views about teaching English, simply fill in the form provided and join our mailing list.
2800 Members and counting…
NATE currently has more than 2800 members, which includes a third of all secondary schools in England. If you are a trainee, you can get a year’s free membership and then a reduced membership for your first year as a teacher. If you’d like to be a part of it, click here for more info and to join!
Run by volunteers
The association exists to provide a supportive and developmental community of English specialists and enthusiasts. It is run on a voluntary basis through elected executive and council committees. Members are affiliated to a network of regional branches. Find your nearest branch here.
NATE provides professional development through its highly recommended INSET training days, national and regional events and workshops at conferences, also discounted to members. It provides classroom-ready resources for language and literature – and GCSE Literature set text revision materials Read more about the benefits of joining NATE here.
- We promote standards of excellence in the teaching of English from Early Years to University
- We promote innovative and original ideas that have practical classroom outcomes
- We support teachers’ own professional development
- We provide an informed national voice on matters concerning the teaching of English and its related subjects
- We encourage sharing and collaboration between teachers and learners of English and its related subjects
- We are an active member of the International Federation of the Teachers of English (IFTE)
Whether your requirements are related to primary, secondary or post-16, the National Association for the Teaching of English can provide one of the country’s leading practitioners to come and help you. We cover all aspects of the curriculum.Tell Me More